iCloud mail account is "confused" with my account email

New problem, maybe Sonoma related ( I installed Sonoma a week or so ago). Yesterday I had to change my password on my primary gmail account (which is also my Apple ID email). I could not figure out how to change my password in macOS Mail, so I simply removed the account and then re-added with the new password. That's when the problem started.

I noticed that my rules for this account weren't working. I noticed that the rule for "Account" is [my gmail account] (I have multiple gmail accounts and like to color the text by account so they can be easily differentiated in the combined inbox) read instead to "Account" is "iCloud". Odd, changed it to [my gmail account]. Wouldn't stick.

Digging in deeper I found that in "Settings | Internet Accounts" my iCloud account showed my email as my gmail, not my iCloud email.

I removed my gmail account (again), rebooted, then added my gmail account again. Same problem.

I need to fix this to if for no other reason I need to get my "Account = [gmail]" rule working again, but more importantly I'm concerned about what other issues may be lurking out there.

Help?

THANKS

iMac 27″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 18, 2024 3:09 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud mail account is "confused" with my account email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.