My iPad Pro keeps turning itself on after I've switched it off for the night. It turns off for about 10sec then automatically restarts itself

My iPad Pro keeps turning itself on after I've switched it off for the night, & not because anyone has plugged it in all of a sudden. It turns off for about 10sec then automatically restarts itself without any input. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!!

I keep it plugged in at all times. I've had it for four years now, but this is the first time - the last two months - where this aberrant behavior keeps happening! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! IT'S USING UP ELECTRICITY, RAISING MY BILL!!!

JEF C

Posted on May 18, 2024 10:45 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2024 1:28 AM in response to J6e6f6

Have you tried using a different Power Adapter?

The behaviour that you describe suggests a problem with the charging cable's connection to your iPad or the Power Adapter - or a potential fault with the Power Adapter itself.

If your iPad is fully shut-down, the iPad is designed to automatically restart when it is connected to an external power source. As such, if the power source is intermittent or interrupted while connect to your iPad, the iPad will restart when the external power supply is restored.

As for impact to your power bill, be assured that while your iPad obviously does consume power, the amount of power used is very low. In all likelihood, the power used by your iPad will be so small when compared with your regular utility usage that the difference will be pennies...

May 19, 2024 11:18 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks very much for that info!!! I did not know that about the charging cable. I normally leave the cable in so that when I do go outside with it, I have the maximum amount of battery to maximize my time. But now that I've been turning it off completely at night, I will go ahead and remove the cable when I do that. Hopefully that'll take care of the problem. Thanks again!

BE WELL!

My iPad Pro keeps turning itself on after I've switched it off for the night. It turns off for about 10sec then automatically restarts itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.