Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

Import Problem iPhoto

I want to take out all my photos from Google's cloud to iCloud. I have downloaded all files via Google Takeout (ca. 27 GB) and extracted them. Unfortunately the Takeout tool from Google generates many Subfolders. I flattened the subfolders with following Terminal command:

find $PWD -mindepth 2 -type f -exec mv -n '{}' $PWD/ ';'

So far so good.

The problem occurs when I want to add all pictures (jpg, png, gif) and videos (mp4) to iPhoto. When I drag'n drop all files at once there comes an error message that I do not have the necessary rights in my Picture folder. The iPhoto library gets corrupted and I have to repair it via "option" + "command" and launch iPhoto.

If I use the "import" function from iPhoto not all pictures & videos are recognized. iPhoto is identifying some picture as new and imports those successfully. But the number recognized is by far lower than the actual number is. This is really strange because when I import the same pictures again (I always mark all files) further pictures are being recognized and imported. I can repeat this a couple of times. As a result some pictures are identified as "new" and are getting imported. But hence I am dealing with 16,000 files this will need ages as every once ca. 250 files are identified properly.

I am using an iMac late 2015 with Catalina.

Gepostet am 18. Dez. 2019 19:44

Antworten

Ähnliche Fragen

7 Antworten

20. Dez. 2019 16:18 als Antwort auf Chris_66

Du bist hier in der deutschen community gelandet.

Wenn du gerne in der internationalen Community fragen möchtest, findest du das entsprechende Forum hier: Photos for Mac - Apple Community

Das Problem ist, wenn man im deutschsprachigen Raum die Apple Support Seite aufruft, wird man automatisch in die deutsche Community umgeleitet. Wenn jemand auf Englisch fragt, antworte ich immer auf Englisch, da man der Frage ja nicht ansehen kann, ob die Autoren Deutsch verstehen, oder nur als Touristen gerade in Deutschland sind.

18. Dez. 2019 20:46 als Antwort auf Chris_66

Are you really using iPhoto? It should not be possible to run iPhoto on Catalina, unless you are using a patched version of iPhoto with the 32bit code removed.

If you are using Photos 5.0 on Catalina, the problems with the duplicates occurs because of a bug. It is not possible to import two files with same filename in one import session together, even if the files are in different folders.

Import each folder separately, even if it takes longer.

Import Problem iPhoto

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.