Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

Fix unexpected loss of WLAN connection on iPad with iPadOS 14.x by using static/-fixed IP instead Dynamic IP

after following all the advices to fix unexpected loss of WLAN connection on my iPad 12.9 pro 2020 with iPadOS 14.x like

• Flight Mode on/off (iPad)
    • Wlan off/-on (iPad)
    • renewal of Lease (iPad)
    • disable private WLAN mode (iPad)
    • allow all frequency bands ( DSL-router )

I was able to fix the issue by avoiding dynamic IP Adress and configure a static (fixed) IP-address for the iPad. Since people who know difference between static/dynamic IP makes no sense to explain how to setup on IPad while the others may require assistance from someone who knows what he do.

Caution: When configuring Static IP you have to ensure that after configuration the DNS configuration is switched from „automatic“to „manual“ in WLAN settings of connection and that a DNS Server is added by using the same IP address from the (DSL) Router from IP configuration.

After switch to static/fixed IP you will notice no connection loss, reduced latency and as I can see much more faster access and buildup of webpages.

Since my DSL-router is about 7 years old (german brand „FritzBox“ - used often as re-labeled router for ISP) it maybe a compatibility issue since the router is not certified for Apple, to old or whatever.

Anyway - working 20+ years in technical 3rd level support for database APIs and software development at one of the larges Software-vendors for me it’s disappointing that Apple support does not find this fix since there must be thousands of peoples out there driving crazy by this „-problem“- guys, this is no „-problem“ this is a bug. And if Wireshark would be able to run on an iPad I would be sure to prove it. Fullstop.

Last hint: When using private / public Hotspots you have to switch back to dynamic IP

have a lots of fun,

Frank Scherie

Gepostet am 05. Apr. 2021 18:32

Antworten
1 Antwort

Fix unexpected loss of WLAN connection on iPad with iPadOS 14.x by using static/-fixed IP instead Dynamic IP

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.