Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

Customer support in English

I sit in germany but work in english. I need support sites from apple in english. seems impossible. What can i do?

Gepostet am 14. Feb. 2024 08:53

Antworten
6 Antworten

14. Feb. 2024 11:15 als Antwort auf whateverthecase

Hi whateverthecase,

I always change in the URL of the Support documents the de-de to en-us. This will change the language and region to the US.

If you now contact the Apple Support (getsupport.apple.com) it will always open up an IP location based language, which in your case means German. You can simply use a VPN or try to change to English, by scrolling down on that side and tap here:

Greetings

Tobias

14. Feb. 2024 11:10 als Antwort auf Lechos

Hi AntonBernard,

it would be great if it would be that easy, right?

Yes i can visit an english support website and i can search for my problem there and i get some results with english titles. As soon as i click the english search result it opens a german version of the clicked article.

And no, i can not switch to another language. I can choose a different country (US (english) for example) but with no effect.

Changing/deleting the part in the URL where the language is specified has no effect either.

That is what i mean with: It seems impossible.

It's somehow hardcoded to the region settings of my machine. I do actually speak and understand german but i have always used all software in english (in order to get better support via web, because more english speaking users) and in a german support article it's really hard for me to find out what is meant by the odd german translations of menu items, technical stuff, etc. because i never use those terms in my regular life.

It's hard to believe that i am the only one working like this. Anyway, if anyone has a tip how to force the site to deliver results in the language i search for them it would be great.

Not that i have much hope though.

14. Feb. 2024 11:51 als Antwort auf whateverthecase

Not sure if this helps but it seems that I can switch to any region's "Community" doing this (I'm on a Windows Desktop PC using Chrome):

• Open the Apple homepage (www.apple.com). It most likely will reroute you to "www.apple.com/de/"
  • Scroll all the way down and press "Deutschland" in the lower right corner

• Select the region you want to switch to (for englisch support I suppose it's "United Kingdom" or "United States")

• On the next page o to "Support>Community" (top right corner)

You should be able to use this regions "Community" now.

14. Feb. 2024 22:13 als Antwort auf whateverthecase

Greetings!

We appreciate your post in the Apple Support Community. If you're in Germany but need support from Apple in English, try changing the language preference on Apple's support site to English. Alternatively, you can use direct URLs for Apple's English-language support pages or contact Apple Support directly and request assistance in English. Another option is to download the Apple Support app from the App Store, which provides access to support articles and the option to chat with an Apple Support representative in English. Hope this helps!

For English speakers, we have a dedicated community right here: discussions.apple.com. Since your message is in English, we warmly invite you to join us in that community.

Thank you!

14. Feb. 2024 10:48 als Antwort auf whateverthecase

Hi whateverthecase,

If you're in Germany but prefer to receive support from Apple in English, you have a few options:

1. Apple Support Website: You can visit the Apple Support website (Official Apple Support) and change the language settings to English. At the bottom of the page, you'll typically find a language selector where you can choose English.
  2. Contact Apple Support: You can contact Apple Support directly via phone, chat, or email and request assistance in English. When you reach out to them, let them know that you prefer to communicate in English, and they should be able to accommodate your request.
  3. Apple Support App: If you have the Apple Support app installed on your device, you can use it to access support resources and contact Apple Support. You can change the language settings within the app to English.
  4. Visit an Apple Store: If you have an Apple Store nearby, you can visit the store and speak with an Apple representative in person. Many Apple Store employees are fluent in English and should be able to assist you.

By using these methods, you should be able to access Apple support resources and receive assistance in English, even if you're located in Germany.

Good luck!

Greetings

AntonBernad

Customer support in English

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.