Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

Thread wurde vom System oder vom Community-Team geschlossen.

How can I avoid that data (40,000 pics) from my iCloud Drive is automatically copied to my MacBook?

I try to copy these pictures from a time capsule to the iCloud drive.

We are talking about 800 GB of data. These fotos are not part of Apple Fotos, they are just

jpg files in a certain structure, dating back to 2001.

If there was enough space on my MacBook I would not need to store them in the cloud, but there isn't.

So I am stuck with copying these files to the iCloud Drive and they also copy to the hard drive of my MacBook.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Highly appreciated!

Antworten gerne auch in Deutsch.

Thanks

Stevie

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), null

Gepostet am 01. Apr. 2017 10:52

Antworten
Frage gekennzeichnet als Beste Antwort

Gepostet am 03. Apr. 2017 08:43

Well, I suppose you cannot selectively let your Mac download iCloud Drive content (or not). Either switch it off on your Mac or maybe optimise iCloud Drive storage in system preferences -> iCloud -> options.

It might be a viable option to "store in iCloud" (one can choose between only iCloud drive or also desktop). I guess that this feature frees up space on the Mac when required and not keep it empty from the beginning.

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Vom Benutzer hochgeladene Datei

7 Antworten
Frage gekennzeichnet als Beste Antwort

03. Apr. 2017 08:43 als Antwort auf McStevie

Well, I suppose you cannot selectively let your Mac download iCloud Drive content (or not). Either switch it off on your Mac or maybe optimise iCloud Drive storage in system preferences -> iCloud -> options.

It might be a viable option to "store in iCloud" (one can choose between only iCloud drive or also desktop). I guess that this feature frees up space on the Mac when required and not keep it empty from the beginning.

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Vom Benutzer hochgeladene Datei

03. Apr. 2017 08:46 als Antwort auf McStevie

Upgrade to Sierra and store the photos in your Documents Folder., if you not want to let Photos for Mac manage your photos. On Sierra you can store the documents folder in iCloud as "Optimized", meaning older documents will only be kept in iCloud and not locally, if your Mac does not have enough storage to keep them locally.

But you cannot do that on El Capitan. Syncing the Desktop and Documents Folder with iCloud Drive in combination with optimizing the Mac storage has only been introduced with Sierra.

01. Apr. 2017 18:10 als Antwort auf BeeDee

Sorry no not at all... Simply bought a DS a year ago and happy with storage and handling wise. It is not that difficult as it seems to be to beginn with... I am storing all images onto a DS and are happy with viewing them thru the built in "Photo-Station". ... Have a look in here https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/6.1/features and try out the online demo on https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/live_demo

How can I avoid that data (40,000 pics) from my iCloud Drive is automatically copied to my MacBook?

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.