Question : MacBook Pro 15" turn on itself when pluging power cord.
Good morning Apple users,
I have hère a MacBook Pro 15" mid-2012:
MacBook Pro 15"
Core i7 2,3 GHz
This MacBook Pro has been left aside for one year. It wasn't supplied by power during this period. So, it wasn't in charge or discharge for a long while.
Here is the description of the symptom:
1. The MacBook Pro is off.
2. The MacBook Pro's screen is closed.
3. I plug the MacSafe power adapter.
4. I wait 1 or 2 seconds.
5. Suddenly, the MacBook Pro power on itself !
Same thing while the screen (step 2) is open.
- The battery menu warn me the battery must be replaced now ! Same message in system profile and in the energy saver preference panel.
- Reseting PRAM, NVRAM and SMC (no matter the order) has no effect.
In my opinion the battery is dead.
But, is it normal that the MacBook Pro start up automatically just after I connect it to power supply ? Is this behavior a consequence of the fact that the battery is dead ?
In advance, thank you so much for your help !
I wish you all a lovely day !
MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)