Question :

Question : mbp mid 2010 upgrade for logic pro x

hi every one.

i have been struggling with my mbp mid 2010 ( 2.4 ghz i5 8gb ram) and logic pro x for a while, to the point that i haven't recorded for a while.

i am having a pop up windows telling me that i dont have enough what so either while not having that many tracks. usually about 10. but mainly lots of lagging while recoding instruments, which makes the experience almost impossible. i know my system is quite old. only usb2 and firewire, which both are quite slow compare to today specs.

also one need to know that i do video editing on premiere pro, but use an external drive for storing the files. it works just about.

i was looking into upgrading the hd for ssd and maybe swap the optical drive with my hd of 1t (a hybrid st1000lm014-1ej164), or adding a second ssd? and taking advantage of the bus speed which i don't think i can achieve with the usb2 or firewire. tell me if i am wrong!

here my questions.

what is the best setup. system on ssd and data on the hybrid? or system on the hybrid and data on ssd? or should i benefit from 2 ssd. i had in mind 2 crucial mx500 500g which are reasonably priced.

where do i put my plugins? on system or data. i use mainly bfd2 (which has a 250gb of recorded sound/sample), and native instrument guitar rig 5.

many thanks

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Publiée le

Répondre

Le contenu de la page a été chargé

Il n’y a aucune réponse.
Profil de l’utilisateur : lolme

Question : mbp mid 2010 upgrade for logic pro x