Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with synchronized clips on the timeline

Hello,

I have a two camera shoot plus audio, all divided into two segments. So, each segment has two video files and a master audio file.

I've imported these into FCPX. I right click on the two video files and the audio file and select "Synchronize Clips."

This creates a synch'd bundle of the video and audio clips.

When I transfer the first "bundle" to the timeline and double click the small icon in the left corner, the synched clips expand.

When I try to add the second "bundle" to the timeline, it goes into place as anticipated. However, when I double click the same icon on the second bundle, the first bundle disappears from the timeline.

I'm trying have both expanded bundles on the timeline concurrently.

I did not use "multicam" clip because I want to do a split screen, not cut between cameras.

Happy to clarify anything necessary.

Thanks very much for any assistance you can provide.

SR

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:56 PM

You are stepping into each sync'd clip to show it's contents when you double-click, much like double-clicking a multicam opens it in the angle editor. It is also displayed in the timeline window. I don't think there's a way to step into multiple sync'd or multicams simultaneously.

Similar questions

2 replies

Working with synchronized clips on the timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.