Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

T-H-S-T stuck in iPhone dictionary

Somehow, "thst" got added to my phone's dictionary (presumably by me mistyping the word "that" too many times". Therefore, when I accidentally type 'thst' in a sentence, it just leaves it in the sentence instead of replacing it via spellcheck with the word 'that'. Is there a way to tell my iPhone that this is NOT a word and to never put it into a sentence? I'd bet I'm not the only person on earth this has happened to so if it cannot be handled on the phone itself, maybe the programmers can include the exception into the code to not allow 'thst' as a word? Just spitballing, but any help will be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 1:39 PM

You could look at "text replacement"?

How to set up text replacement on your iPhone

With text replacement, you can use shortcuts to replace longer phrases. When you enter the shortcut in a text field, the phrase automatically replaces it. For example, you could type "GM" and "Good morning" would automatically replace it. 

To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement. 

• To add a text replacement, tap the Add button , then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you're done, tap Save. 
  • To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap the Remove button  then tap Delete. To save your changes, tap Done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 1:39 PM in response to tit4tat

You could look at "text replacement"?

How to set up text replacement on your iPhone

With text replacement, you can use shortcuts to replace longer phrases. When you enter the shortcut in a text field, the phrase automatically replaces it. For example, you could type "GM" and "Good morning" would automatically replace it. 

To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement. 

• To add a text replacement, tap the Add button , then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you're done, tap Save. 
  • To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap the Remove button  then tap Delete. To save your changes, tap Done.

T-H-S-T stuck in iPhone dictionary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.