Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod setup failed - errors 6753 and 71160

My homepods had errors signing into my icloud account, and per a suggestion on this forum I removed them from my home app and factory reset them. They now cannot be re-added. Setup fails every time. Things I have tried:

• Restarting my router
  • Signing out and signing in again on my phone
  • Ensuring the homepods are fully removed from both my icloud account and my home app.
  • Plugging in the homepods directly into my computer and doing a firmware update
  • Doing factory resets on the homepods

So far everything has failed with them - this is happening with two homepods that were previously in a stereo pair. I have other homepods on my network that are working fine.

Any ideas how to get them to set up again?

Posted on May 28, 2022 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:54 AM

see: if you can't set up HomePod mini or HomePod.

Restart iPhone or try on an iPad if you have one, although it’s preferable if you can set up with your iPhone

Similar questions

1 reply

Homepod setup failed - errors 6753 and 71160

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.