iPhone Calendar search not working

When I attempt an iPhone calendar search, I get the response "No Results". The iPhone calendar does have all of the events, but the search comes back empty. I also have a 2022 MacBook Air and the calendar search on the Mac works fine. Also, all items between the phone and the Mac sync. I have turned my phone off and on and no change.

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 12:00 AM

I have iOS 17.1.1 using a 12 ProMax and recently the search function in calendar stopped working. I can see the event (so I know it’s there), but when I type a keyword it says “no results”. Works fine on my Mac.

36 replies

Aug 17, 2023 5:42 AM in response to peek201

Dear Apple, This continues to be an issue and, from just this stream, would seem to be an enduring issue. I agree with a recent poster that the issue resides only with the iPhone OS as my iPad searches are rich in their results. As most of us carry our phones with us all the time, it would seem to be a serious issue that should get resolved.

Nov 26, 2023 11:05 AM in response to needmycalendar

Unfortunately turning on those two calendar options didn’t fix the problem. The calendar app will search if I only put in one letter (sort of), but it doesn’t find all the entries that contain that letter. It really needs to be able to search on a string. In my opinion, 17.1.1 introduced a bug that needs to be fixed. Search works fine on my iPads.

Feb 28, 2023 11:47 PM in response to Lovesupport

I have been determined to sort this as I am self employed and use my calendar for work.

sorted tick ☑️

I had this problem, Apple support didn’t know the answer and all the steps online

restart

update

shut app

didn’t work.

settings - calendar - I clicked sync events for 2 weeks - swiped down app to refresh.

I then went back to ALL EVENT and swiped down to refresh and it worked.

Oct 10, 2022 6:03 AM in response to peek201

Hi peek201, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues searching for calendar events on your iPhone.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Did you use the steps in the article below to set up your Calendar?

Set up iCloud for Calendar on all your devices

If yes, we recommend that you check for a software update.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

Mar 15, 2023 11:34 PM in response to MGaryD

I have been determined to sort this as I am self employed and use my calendar for work.

sorted tick ☑️

I had this problem, Apple support didn’t know the answer and all the steps online

restart

update

shut app

didn’t work.

settings - calendar - I clicked sync events for 2 weeks - swiped down app to refresh.

I then went back to ALL EVENT and swiped down to refresh and it worked.

Nov 5, 2023 6:21 AM in response to needmycalendar

I had that enabled so it might not be the same issue that I had but here’s something I noticed when I was checking g to see if I had that Siri option enabled.

To test this I needed to remember something that old to search for in my calendar. But couldn’t think of anything to search for older than a year or more so I went to the calendar and scrolled back two years and at first there was nothing in my calendar (no dots on days to indicate there’s an event there when in year view). But then events started showing up in the calendar as I assume it started pulling events down from iCloud.

So here’s my guess, when searching originally I think the event I was looking for was older and not synced down. But if I scroll back a couple years it triggers it to pull down events and now it will find events in those years.

Either way it seems very odd that the app can’t pull search results from iCloud fast enough.

Apr 30, 2024 10:57 AM in response to needmycalendar

Hmm I've tried that and it's not working any better. I recently upgraded from an iPhone 11 to a 15 and while it only happened very occasionally before I now can't get any search results in my calendar at all. I've tried all the recommendations to reset the settings for the calendar sync options and while it's sometimes bringing through past events it's still not finding future ones.

iPhone Calendar search not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.