Macbook adapter hitting issue

I have got a 67 watt power adapter with my m1 pro 14 inch. I am facing adapter hitting issue while it is charging my mac and dont face this while its not charging. What might be the reason?

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 1:41 PM

I am assuming by "hitting" you meant to say "heating" ... correct?

If so, I can understand your concern about the adapter heating up when you're charging your MacBook. This is generally quite normal as power adapters can generate heat as they're converting AC power to DC. If you're using your Mac for heavy tasks while it's charging, it can cause the adapter to heat up more as the Mac is consuming more power.

However, if the heat seems excessive or is causing discomfort, there might be an issue. One way to test this is to check if the adapter is still very hot even when your Mac is fully charged and in sleep mode or turned off. If it's still hot in these conditions, it's worth contacting Apple Support. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Before doing that though, a few other things you can check include: ensuring the power adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket, not an extension cable; using it in a well-ventilated area; and checking if there's any damage to the adapter or the cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 1:41 PM in response to faiyaz249

I am assuming by "hitting" you meant to say "heating" ... correct?

If so, I can understand your concern about the adapter heating up when you're charging your MacBook. This is generally quite normal as power adapters can generate heat as they're converting AC power to DC. If you're using your Mac for heavy tasks while it's charging, it can cause the adapter to heat up more as the Mac is consuming more power.

However, if the heat seems excessive or is causing discomfort, there might be an issue. One way to test this is to check if the adapter is still very hot even when your Mac is fully charged and in sleep mode or turned off. If it's still hot in these conditions, it's worth contacting Apple Support. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Before doing that though, a few other things you can check include: ensuring the power adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket, not an extension cable; using it in a well-ventilated area; and checking if there's any damage to the adapter or the cable.

Macbook adapter hitting issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.