Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AirPods disappeared from my devices

At first they just stopped connecting at the same time, then I couldn’t get the phone to respond when I would put them back and flip open the case to check the battery. I followed the steps provided by the support app to reset them. Then nothing. They would not reconnect. So I returned to the support app and went to the devices portion, and the AirPods that I’ve had since 2022 have disappeared from the list. Any ideas???

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:34 PM

The AirPods were removed from the list in the Support app because they were removed from your Apple ID when they were reset. Try resetting them again using the following instructions:

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
  1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
  2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.

Restart your iPhone, then try to setup your AirPods again.

If this still doesn't work, contact support: Contact - Official Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 5:34 PM in response to ukiah51

The AirPods were removed from the list in the Support app because they were removed from your Apple ID when they were reset. Try resetting them again using the following instructions:

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
  1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
  2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.

Restart your iPhone, then try to setup your AirPods again.

If this still doesn't work, contact support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Oct 1, 2023 6:45 PM in response to ukiah51

By "support app" I'm assuming that you are referring to the Find My app on your iPhone ... correct? If so, when an Apple device, like your AirPods, "disappear" would indicate that they are no longer associated with your Apple ID (as timdifferent has already mentioned.)

The key now is to find out why that is the case ... so, let's start with:

• Did you purchase this AirPod new directly from Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider back in 2022?
  • Were you having any issues with them prior to this recent one?
  • By "not connecting at the same time" are you saying that each AirPod would connect separately?
  • By "couldn't get the phone to respond" do you mean that your iPhone stopped recognizing that the AirPods were nearby?
  • Which version of firmware is your AirPods running?
  • What exact model is your iPhone? What version of iOS is it running and did you update it recently?
  • Are you having any issues with your Apple ID?

May 3, 2024 6:43 PM in response to ukiah51

Mine went missing off my desk where the case never moves from and are outta my devices now. So we’re taken. Why be able to be removed from my devices without asking my phone? So Apple can make more profit over me being a victim and getting new ones and wether or not the phones or other products can be used again, Apple doesn’t actually want us to find them cuz that’s helping customers. not making more profit

AirPods disappeared from my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.