Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: List of available trusted root certificates in iOS 16.5, iPadOS 16.5, macOS 13.5, tvOS 16.5, and watchOS 9.5

How can I update my iOS?

i need to update my ios to install facebook youtube any apps how can I download if my iOS version is not updated to the new version of IOS

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 24, 2024 3:00 PM

3 replies

May 8, 2024 8:47 PM in response to Jr_Englsi

The ancient iPhone 6 Plus is only capable of updating as far as iOS 12.5.7. There are very few modern apps that continue to support this operating system.

The app developers at FaceBook, YouTube and other apps could allow their apps to run on older systems like iOS 12.5.7, but they have chosen instead to abandon users that have older iOS versions in favor of users with newer IOS Versions like iOS 16 and iOS 17.

If you want to run most modern apps, you will need to have an iPhone that is capable of at least iOS 16, and preferably, iOS 17.

An iPhone 8 will run iOS 16. An iPhone XR and higher models will run iOS 17.

How can I update my iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.