ProGrade XQD reader not working with MBP

Im using a MBP running Sonoma 14.2.1 with a ProGrade XQD card reader connected to my Thunderbolt USB4 port and my MBP doesn't see it. I tried other devices in the same port and they work fine. I watched my device report when attempting to connect the reader and the report doesn't register the connection of the reader.

I'm aware of a Sony software patch to correct this. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with the Sony patch or if there is some other non Sony software patch that work?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2024 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2024 6:22 AM

I had same issue. Resolved by latest sonnet xqd driver (XQD Adapter Device Drivers Installer for macOS 3.0.0) from sonettech website.

Link to website

Similar questions

4 replies

May 8, 2024 9:33 PM in response to Larry Jordan1

Download latest sonnet xqd driver (XQD Adapter Device Drivers Installer for macOS 3.0.0) from Sonettech website.

Before installing this XQD driver, change security settings on the startup disk of a Mac with Apple silicon to select ‘Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers’. Read more here: Change security settings on the startup disk of a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

Restart the system, install the XQD driver. Select Open System Settings on the pop-up System Extension Blocked window. Click ‘Allow’ to allow the software from Sonnet to run on the system. Restarting the system and my issue was resolved, it could read my XQD cards. Hope it works for you too.

ProGrade XQD reader not working with MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.