Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Safari performance vs Chrome

I've been juggling between Chrome and Safari for over 10 years now. Although I'd prefer sticking to Safari exclusively, the reality is that I often find myself resorting to Chrome, especially when dealing with websites like financial, business and marketing tools/services. Some sites even display cautious warnings, signaling that Safari lacks full support.

My preference for Safari stems from its password management and seamless integration with my other Apple devices. Nevertheless, it's quite surprising that Safari's performance is still subpar in the year 2024. Additionally, I frequently encounter instances where websites load faster and more reliably on Chrome. The constant need to switch between browsers has become tiresome for me.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 2:31 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 1, 2024 11:38 PM in response to John Galt

John, your answer doesn't make any sense. Mac means a whole ecosystem with some better and worse apps. Henrik is correct that some websites are not handled well by Safari. Is this Safari's or developer's fault? I'd say both. Safari is not perfect, but web developers could do a better job to handle it. I suppose many web development teams don't use Mac to test their websites in Safari. I personally use Safari to save battery, but I'm not even sure if that's still the case in 2024. Web tools are much better in Chrome. JavaScript and CSS support is much better in Chrome too, but it's not that bad in Safari these days.

Safari performance vs Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.