Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone XS Max screen has gone black two weeks after a non-responsive and ghost touch episode.

On March 31st, our XS Max went through what we call a non-responsive episode where the display wouldn't register touches while also registering random ghost touches if that makes any sense. The device also got very hot on its own. We were able to somehow get the phone to turn off and we left it that way for several hours. The following day, it turned on and operated normally.

Then just yesterday, the phone's flashlight came on and followed by a bright screen and finally very bright flashes then, the screen went black. The phone was still on, as it could be called and make calls via the Bluetooth on the car and you could hear the power button being clicked and vibrations being felt, but no screen image at all.

I have tried all manner of three button resetting the phone but I cannot get the screen to reappear.

Any thoughts or is this a trip to the Genius bar?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 11:02 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2024 1:48 PM in response to Skidpalace

Skidpalace wrote:

On March 31st, our XS Max went through what we call a non-responsive episode where the display wouldn't register touches while also registering random ghost touches if that makes any sense. The device also got very hot on its own. We were able to somehow get the phone to turn off and we left it that way for several hours. The following day, it turned on and operated normally.
Then just yesterday, the phone's flashlight came on and followed by a bright screen and finally very bright flashes then, the screen went black. The phone was still on, as it could be called and make calls via the Bluetooth on the car and you could hear the power button being clicked and vibrations being felt, but no screen image at all.
I have tried all manner of three button resetting the phone but I cannot get the screen to reappear.
Any thoughts or is this a trip to the Genius bar?

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

iPhone XS Max screen has gone black two weeks after a non-responsive and ghost touch episode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.