Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Need to do a factory reset on an iPhone 13 I believe

We fired a guy from work a few months back and have his old phone here. My phone port stopped working for charging my phone. I want to activate the newer one but it still has his pass code on it. How do I do a factory reset? Don’t want any of his info saved, want it wiped clean but he won’t respond at all.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2024 6:58 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2024 7:23 AM in response to JPVANDER

If your company is issuing iPhone's for employees to use, your company should be using Mobile Device Management software on company owned assets. This would prevent the hassles you're about to face to restore this phone if the former employee is unwilling to help you. And gruntled employees aren't usually that willing to help.

See this about MDM --> Intro to mobile device management profiles - Apple Support

Need to do a factory reset on an iPhone 13 I believe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.