Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

Does the MacOS support DaisyChain using USB-C?

I have a MacBook Pro M2 Max, and I want to use the USB-C Daisychain functionality of the LG Dual Ergo 27qp88dp monitor. As recommended by LG, I am using the officially provided USB-C cable to connect Monitor 1 and then the second monitor connected to monitor 1 using the provided DisplayPort cable.

Still, the Mac does not recognize the second monitor.

Apple, could you please bring updates facilitating the support for USB-C DaisyChain?

MacBook Pro 16″

Gepostet am 22. März 2024 21:51

Antworten
3 Antworten

22. März 2024 22:27 als Antwort auf hopanoid

Hi hopanoid,

macOS does support daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt 3 devices using USB-C ports. However, daisy-chaining displays specifically using USB-C may have certain limitations or requirements that need to be met for proper functionality.

In your case, you mentioned using the LG Dual Ergo 27qp88dp monitor and daisy-chaining the second monitor to the first one using DisplayPort. It's important to note that while Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C use the same physical connector, not all USB-C ports support the full Thunderbolt 3 functionality required for daisy-chaining displays.

Here are a few steps and considerations to ensure proper daisy-chaining with macOS and your LG monitors:

1. Verify Thunderbolt 3 Compatibility: Ensure that your MacBook Pro M2 Max has Thunderbolt 3 ports, as USB-C alone may not support daisy-chaining displays.
  2. Check Monitor Compatibility: Confirm that your LG monitors support daisy-chaining via USB-C. Some monitors may have specific requirements or limitations for daisy-chaining.
  3. Update Firmware: Check for firmware updates for both your MacBook Pro and LG monitors. Sometimes firmware updates can improve compatibility and functionality.
  4. Cable Quality: Use high-quality cables, especially for Thunderbolt 3 connections. Cheap or faulty cables can cause connectivity issues.
  5. Monitor Settings: On the LG monitors, ensure that the daisy-chaining feature is enabled and configured correctly in the monitor settings menu.
  6. Restart and Reset: Try restarting your MacBook Pro and resetting the monitor configurations to see if that resolves the issue.

If after checking these steps you still experience issues, it's recommended to contact LG support for assistance with the monitor's daisy-chaining functionality. Apple continually updates macOS to improve compatibility and support for various hardware configurations, so keeping your system up to date with the latest macOS version is also beneficial.

Good luck!

Greetings

AntonBernad

23. März 2024 19:52 als Antwort auf Lechos

Dear Anton,

Thanks for "auto" answering. Indeed, the MacBook Pro M2 Max has three Thunderbolt ports, even Thunderbolt 4, and according to Apple it also has back-support for Thunderbolt 3.

I have contacted LG, and they said their model supports DaisyChain via USB-C, but MacOS does not support their generic Daisy Chaining using USB-C; however, it's supported by other OS.

Interesting fact: the connected USB-C cable to the LG monitor is charging my MacBook Pro.

My question is for Apple developers: what keeps MacOS to not supporting the USB-C DaisyChaining, although it has been supported by others?

Does the MacOS support DaisyChain using USB-C?

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.