Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot relink audio clip

Hello Community:

I have a project where I need to replace some audio which I edited with a mixed version of the same length. In other software I would simply relink. In FCP this is proving to be difficult, especially because the manual misinforms as follows:

• In the browser or the timelineselect the clips you want to relink.
  • Relink original source media files: Choose File > Relink Files > Original Media.

There is no Choose File in the menu, and if Choose File implies "Select", then Selecting merits no option to "Choose File". Right-clicking the selected file also does not lead to any sort of "Relink" function.

Can someone please tell me how to relink a clip, or as in my case, actually replace the clip with a new one of the same length?

Thank You

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 4:16 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 16, 2024 3:18 PM in response to Xenovolcano

On point 2 it states clearly: "Do one of the following: Relink original source media files: Choose File > Relink Files > Original Media". What exactly does "Choose File" mean in this case? The word "Select (item), followed by a very specific list of windows/menus/"what to do's in which windows or software components" along with (maybe, hopefully) guides to said components, windows or areas of the software being referred to would have been much more helpful to a beginner than this seemingly lazy technical writing. Or am I wrong here?

Cannot relink audio clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.