Custom synq settings not copied

Please help - I have a problem where my custom sync settings are not copied (sync for video and audio), so I have to change them for every single sync.

Reffering to this article, where things don't work as they say:

Sync audio and video in Final Cut Pro for Mac - Apple-kundestøtte (NO)

8 - Note: The automatic settings are shown by default, but if the last synced clip you created used custom settings, those settings are shown. (This does not happen)

10 - If you want to change the video properties for the synced clip, click the Video pop-up menu and choose Custom, then change the settings as appropriate. Note: By default, Final Cut Pro analyzes the selected clips and configures these settings according to the most common clip properties among the clips. (This does not happen)

MY PROBLEM:

I always have to change from 23.fps to 25.fps. FCP does not analyze that I have shot everything in 25.

I always have to change from 1080p to 4K or 6K. FCP does not analyse clip properties.

This is time-consuming when I have hundreds of clips to sync! We are three editors in our company - all have the same issue.

Thank you so much in advance for providing some answers to this problem!

Olve

Sølvrev

Norway

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 5:51 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Custom synq settings not copied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.