Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

fotos.app: pictures saved by date of import or date of the shot?

Hi everyone!

by which date does fotos.app save the imported pictures on the hard disk?

According to some websites (for example: https://praxistipps.chip.de/iphoto-bilder-anzeigen-so-finden-sie-den-ordner_13793, german), the apps saves the pictures in directories according to the date of import (into fotos.app). Another website (https://www.maclife.de/ratgeber/fotos-app-einsatz-haben-apples-fotostudio-voll-griff-100104853.html, german too) says that the directories are sorted by years and date of the shot (of the foto):

"Dort wählen Sie den Befehl „Paketinhalt anzeigen“. Nun werden alle Ordner und Dateien anzeigt, die sich im Bundle befinden. Ihre Originalfotos finden Sie im Unterordner „Masters“ – und zwar nach Jahren und Aufnahmedatum sortiert."

I am thinking of importing all my fotos to the fotos.app, and I have imported a few times some fotos for testing purpose. What is confusing me very much: when I first tried, the fotos were sorted by date of the shot (which I would strongly prefer), but since then, the fotos have always been sorted by date of import!

Is there a possibility to chose?

Screenshot, showing the way an import a have just done is sorted on the server > by date of import.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Gepostet am 20. Apr. 2020 21:22

Antworten
Frage gekennzeichnet als Beste Antwort

Gepostet am 20. Apr. 2020 22:10

The internal structure of the Photos Library will depend on the version of Photos you are using.

• For Photos 1 to Photos 4 (Yosemite to Mojave) the folder Masters with the imported photos and videos is organised into subfolders according to the import session - year - month - date - time of imort to Photos.
  • For Photos 5 on Catalina the imported original image files are stored in the subfolder Originals instead of Masters, and there the photos are stored by the first letter of the filename. Photos is renaming the image files by 32-letter codes, and they are in subfolders according to the first letter of the new filename.

It is very hard to find any original image file in the internal folders of a Photos 5 library. If you want to have access to the originals, make a backup copy of the files you import, before Photos renames them on import. Once the image files have been imported, only Photos can find them again. And if Photos should stop working on your mac for whatever reason, it will be hard to recover your photos from the Photos Library.

Ähnliche Fragen

3 Antworten
Frage gekennzeichnet als Beste Antwort

20. Apr. 2020 22:10 als Antwort auf ph_waeger

The internal structure of the Photos Library will depend on the version of Photos you are using.

• For Photos 1 to Photos 4 (Yosemite to Mojave) the folder Masters with the imported photos and videos is organised into subfolders according to the import session - year - month - date - time of imort to Photos.
  • For Photos 5 on Catalina the imported original image files are stored in the subfolder Originals instead of Masters, and there the photos are stored by the first letter of the filename. Photos is renaming the image files by 32-letter codes, and they are in subfolders according to the first letter of the new filename.

It is very hard to find any original image file in the internal folders of a Photos 5 library. If you want to have access to the originals, make a backup copy of the files you import, before Photos renames them on import. Once the image files have been imported, only Photos can find them again. And if Photos should stop working on your mac for whatever reason, it will be hard to recover your photos from the Photos Library.

fotos.app: pictures saved by date of import or date of the shot?

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.