Voting in der Community ⬆️⬇️

Wenn euch Beiträge von anderen Usern gefallen, könnt ihr dies durch eine positive Bewertung zeigen und wenn ihr angemeldet seid, so sogar Punkte vergeben. Erfahrt hier mehr zu unserem Bewertungssystem: Voting in der deutschen Apple Support Community

Has the iTunes backup location or workflow changed?

I had a strange issue yesterday when I wanted to create a new backup of my iPhone to a new laptop. On the old laptop the backup location could be found in "C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\" as described in [1]. But apparently some things have changed, although the backup was successful there's no such folder "MobileSync". I see only these 5 folders:

• iTunes
  • Logs
  • Preferences
  • SyncNotifier
  • SyncServices

And the only folder containing a significant amount of data is "iTunes" with the downloaded iOS 14.3 update with a size of 4.23 GB (I wanted to update it via iTunes). However, the iPhone recovery worked well because the update had failed and I actually had to restore it. This went a little different than before, I believe. After the OS had been restored all the apps seemed to be downloaded again, none of them were on the phone. Is that true? And if the folders "MobileSync\Backup" don't exist anymore is it sufficient to just backup the folder "...\Roaming\AppleComputer" in order to have a working backup of my computer's hard drive?

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

[1] https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT204215

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Gepostet am 05. Jan. 2021 09:02

Antworten
Frage gekennzeichnet als Beste Antwort

Gepostet am 06. Jan. 2021 17:28

Hello!

Thanks for posting your question in the Apple Support Communities. 

We have a Community for English speakers here: Official Apple Support Community

Please feel free to join and post your question there, or repost your question in German here: Offizielle Apple Support-Community

Have a nice day!

2 Antworten

08. Jan. 2021 08:43 als Antwort auf MartinMu

Danke für die Info, ich hatte tatsächlich nicht realisiert, dass ich in zwei verschiedenen Foren gepostet hatte. Meine Frage wurde auch bereits beantwortet.

Mir war nicht bewusst, dass sich die Speicherorte unterscheiden abhängig davon, ob man iTunes direkt von Apple oder vom Microsoft Store installiert hat. Das ist nicht so richtig eindeutig in der Hilfeseite, finde ich. Aber wenn man genauer liest, findet man die Antwort.

Has the iTunes backup location or workflow changed?

Willkommen in der Apple Support Community
Ein Forum, in dem Apple-Kunden sich gegenseitig mit ihren Produkten helfen. Melde dich mit deiner Apple-ID an, um Mitglied zu werden.